caged birdies

Friday, July 23, 2010

I Spent My Allowance At Perpetual Kid!

I love www.perpetualkid.com. Like borderline obsession. I follow them on Facebook, I follow them on Twitter, I follow them on blip.fm and MySpace (though does anyone really use MySpace anymore?) They've got the coolest stuff (hello, a 5lb gummy bear!!!). So I was super excited when on Tuesday I had gotten a message on Facebook saying I was the lucky winner on Monday in one of their 'Awesome 80's Band Tournament' and that I was the proud recipient of a Gift Certificate for $19.80.

Let me tell you what makes Perpetual Kid rock. It's not just the awesome gadgets and goodies you can buy on the website. I mean, who doesn't want bacon lip balm, inflatable meatloaf or Lego silverware?! I literally want everything Perpetual Kid sells. (hint hint!) What I really love is they interact with their customers and you know you're talking to a real person and not some robot (though I suspect that they do employ robots too). Heck, they've got a crew of fingermonsters working in the warehouse.

What tops it all off is each order comes with something extra. A hitchiker! You never know which one is going to stow away in your order but it makes waiting for your order all that more exciting. Oh, and did I mention that those fingermonsters work fast? And for peanuts - no really, they work for all the packing peanuts they can eat! I placed my order late Tuesday night, like almost midnight late. By Wednesday I had an email letting me know that my order had shipped and by Friday (today!) I had my order waiting for me with email confirmation of delivery. How awesome is that?

I do a lot of online ordering and I hate not knowing where my stuff is. I have never once (and I have ordered a lot from PK!) not known where my order was - even those not going to my own house. There aren't too many companies out there that do that any more. You really do feel special when you shop at Perpetual Kid!

Oh, and what did I buy you ask? I got the super awesome Eco Coffee Cup http://www.perpetualkid.com/eco-coffee-cup.aspx and the equally awesome Eco Cold Drink Cup: http://www.perpetualkid.com/eco-cold-drink-cup.aspx So super excited to use them both AND save the planet at the same time. Oh, and you really should think about adopting your own pod of fingermonsters: http://www.perpetualkid.com/finger-monsters.aspx or just collect them all!

It was the perfect way to start my weekend!

***i did not get paid to endorse this nor am i being held captive by a hoarde of fingermonsters (help!)***

1 comment: