caged birdies

Friday, October 7, 2011

To Every Season

I wish that I had some exciting news that kept me from blogging since May. Some fantastic story of being whisked away on an amazing whirlwind of a romantic vacation to far off destinations. Alas, twas not meant to be. To be honest, I spent the summer sleeping with long bouts of insomnia. Pretty boring. Being awake all night when the house is quiet and the critters (Eddie included) are all sleeping led to some introspection. When faced with nothing you have nothing but looking inside yourself to occupy the hours until you drift to sleep. I've found that I have some issues that I have been able to let go and some that I didn't even know existed. It's hard facing yourself, the truth that is easily hidden, when you have other things to focus on in life.

I came to revelations that I'm much stronger than I give myself credit for. That I'm much smarter, funnier and a person worthy of more than I give myself credit for. I also learned that I have some things, insecurities and flaws that I have to work on as well. Things that until now I wasn't ready to see. It's a lot and deserving of more than one post. But I think that I've started to take some steps towards becoming an even better Ally. On days that I have full faculty of my mind, when the pain and fog have cleared enough, I think I can start to work towards sorting myself out.

How fitting. In fall the earth sheds it's skin in preparation for the cleansing cold of winter. And in spring, life beings new again and in summer life prospers. I believe that I have embarked on a similar journey myself. I can only look forward with anticipation for what is to come with these realizations and the work that is ahead of me. One way or another, I'm hunkered down and ready.  I'm ready to work through fall and winter and leave it behind for a better me.

No comments:

Post a Comment