caged birdies

Friday, February 18, 2011

G

I miss you more than I can bear some days. What I wouldn't give to have those five months one more time. Five weeks, five days, five minutes, just one more time to tell you how much I love you. I see you, every night, in my dreams. I wake, arms heavy but empty. I'm sorry you did not have the life that you deserved; but I have been forever changed by the brief time you were here with me.

My sweet boy, I never thought that I would love something so unconditionally, so purely. I loved you the moment I saw you, the moment you first cried, the first time I held you and the last time even more. I'm sorry that I was not there for your last breath. I would give everything to have been there, so you would know that I was there, so you could feel my love as you left this life.

I take comfort in knowing that I will see you someday. I write this now, the words forever imprinted on my heart. I love you more than words, more than the universe my beautiful boy.

3 comments:

  1. oh, Ally, my heart hurts for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Allyson. I'm so sorry. I so wish I could change things, but like you said, take comfort in knowing you will be together again someday and he is watching over you every day. ((Hugs)) to you.

    ReplyDelete